- 3 points for a Newbery Medal Winner
- 2 points for a Newbery Honor Book
- 1 point for a Caldecott Medal Winner (Gotta give the picture books some love, too.)
- L'Engle: 15 - 29 points
- Spinelli: 30 - 44 points
- Avi: 45 - 59 points
- Lowry: 60 - 74 points
- Konigsburg: 75+ points
List of Newbery Medal Winners & Honor Books
List of Caldecott Medal Winners
- Rereads count (because you were probably a kid when you read it last, and your perspective on the story just might have changed since then).
- Audiobooks and ebooks count.
- And paper books count, too. :)
- All books must be read between January 1, 2014, and December 31, 2014. Books begun before January 1 don’t count.
- Books can be used for other challenges as well.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate. You can link up reviews from Amazon, Goodreads, etc., or just hang out with us in the comments!
- Reviews are encouraged, but not necessary. There will be a monthly post for you to link up your reviews if you want to share your thoughts.
- Choose your point level. You can always aim for a higher point level, but you can't move to a lower one.
- Write a post (or a comment) stating your intention to join. Choose your point level. You can find the challenge button below to use in your post.
- Add your link to the Linky at the bottom of this post. Make sure you include the link to your sign-up post, not just your homepage.