- Space for all of the books I own. I run out of bookshelves repeatedly. And there's no space for more.
- A fireplace in my library. I'm already blessed with an incredibly cozy library. But a fireplace would just make it that much better.
- The chance to meet Jane Austen. Kind of unlikely, I know. But it would be awesome!
- A visit to the behind-the-scenes world of books that exists in Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series.
- A new book from Arthur Golden, author of Memoirs of a Geisha. I loved that book. I want more!
- Unlimited money to spend on new books. This may be dangerous. . .
- A used bookstore in my town. Or a new bookstore in my town. Really, I'll take anyplace that sells books. It would be nice not to have to drive at least half an hour to get to the books. But again, this may be dangerous. . .
- More Harry Potter books! Stories on Pottermore are nice and all, but I want to dive into another 800-page Harry Potter book.
This weekly frenzy of listing is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Oh, my goodness, if only there were really such a thing as the book genie! Wouldn't it be amazing if we could just rub a lamp and get every bookish wish our heart desires? Ah, well. Here's what I would wish for if a book genie popped into my life today:
10/20/2015 08:27:05 pm
Books, a fireplace, and a mug of hot chocolate. Pretty much heaven! :)
10/20/2015 02:31:58 pm
Oooo, I loved reading Memoirs of a Geisha too and wished that Artur Golden had written more books.
10/20/2015 08:27:44 pm
I keep hoping I'll hear something about a new book from him. Someday, hopefully! :)
10/20/2015 08:28:21 pm
Something about this time of year just makes me dream of books and fireplaces! :)
10/25/2015 06:33:06 pm
The two together make a bit of dilemma. The fireplace could be taking up some room for the books. Maybe we can stack books on top of the fireplace...? :)
10/21/2015 03:12:19 pm
Ooo, a fireplace for your library sounds cosy! And unlimited book funds - yes please! I'd love a local book store too - there's a price to pay for rural living!
10/25/2015 06:33:39 pm
I love my small town, but it definitely lacking in the bookishness! :)
Leave a Reply.
My name is Julie, and I own a lot of books. As in, they are stacked on the floor because I've run out of room on the shelves. And those shelves? There are so many books on them that they smile -- not sag; smile. This blog will cover book reviews and all manner of other bookish things.
You can contact me at email@example.com.
2019 Reading Challenge
Julie has read 9 books toward their goal of 75 books.